Sunday, March 1, 2009

Doing my part to stimulate the economy

I received a call Monday from the man who sold me my Honda CRV about seven years ago. He has a $500 check with my name on it just waiting for me -- that is -- if I buy another car from him. Honda is trying to do its part to help stimulate the economy, he said.

I told him that my husband and I had intended to replace one of our vehicles this year. However, I explained, the money we had saved up for a new car will be going toward our living expenses once my unemployment runs out. He was apologetic about having called. No problem, I said, adding that I was very happy with the performance of my CRV.

Which got me to thinking about how long it had been since I had the CRV serviced. So I made an appointment for an oil change and 27-point inspection. On Thursday, with $116.90 less in my checking account, I had done as much as I could afford to stimulate the economy.

By the way, how does one's radiator resevoir cap go missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment