Friday, June 12, 2009

Sacred moments

We enjoyed our Shabbat dinner, a light meal of grilled salmon and asparagus with parmesan, on the back deck this evening. (Could summer actually have arrived?)

After dinner, my husband whispered for us to join him at the railing that overlooks our two ponds. A robin hopped from rock to rock, dipping his various body parts into the water until his bath was complete.

"I like him," my son said, each time the bird did something different. I could hear his appreciation for the beautiful bird with the bright orange breast and yellow beak. Eventually, the robin flew. We fed the fish.

And now, it's bathtime for you, I told my son. Yes, it is, he agreed.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful moment! It brought a tear to my eye remembering when my boys were little and seeing them take in such simply wonders on our natural world. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete