Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beaming with pride

I read to my son's preschool class this week.

My son and I selected one of his current library books, "Big Wolf and Little Wolf," a selection we had to renew because he likes it so much.

Earlier that morning, he had me read the book to him. He coached me on just how I should hold the book so that his classmates would be able to see all of the pictures. Midway through, he told me I could stop practicing holding up the book and just read to him. Apparently, I'm a quick learner.

When we arrived at school, the students excitedly gathered around me in a circle on the floor. I talked a little bit about why we chose the book and made a plug for the Duluth Public Library. Then I proceeded to read the story.

Absorbed in reading, showing the pictures so everyone could see them, answering the children's questions and responding to their comments about what was happening in the book, I didn't have much of a chance to monitor my son's reactions.

When I finally did, I was startled to see a big smile and a face beaming with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment