Monday, April 19, 2010

A respite


My son and I spent a couple of days at Cragun's Resort in Brainerd.

We accompanied my husband, who was there to coach his Knowledge Bowl team in the state finals. (They finished with fifth-place medals and an invitation to the nationals.)

Meanwhile, my son rode his bike outside for the first time along a lakeside path that leads to the beach playground and outdoor swimming pool. We explored the grounds, swung on the swings, walked out on the dock, and collected snail shells and acorns. In the evening, we swam and "played shark" in the indoor swimming pool, checked out the hot tub and watched a little of Casper on TV.




Even though my husband was busy, we had plenty of company. My son and I drove there with my exercise buddy whose son is on the team. And we hung out with two children and a friend whose wife was a judge.

It was a fun and relaxing break -- except for the wood tick I found crawling on my ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment