Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More about those chickens (part 2)

So.... I happened to be in the office of the education director while he was placing the order with the kosher meat man for the synagogue's second night seder and his first night seder. "And a cut-up chicken for Mrs. Buck," he added, knowing that I had matzah ball soup detail for the first night seder my family was attending.

The synagogue's order arrived late last week -- sans cut-up chicken. The education director, concerned about us keeping kosher on Passover, set aside a frozen whole pullet. It was waiting for me Saturday morning. I took it home and put it in my refrigerator to thaw.

Then the kosher meat man called. He would deliver my cut-up kosher chicken to my house on Monday, sometime after 7:30 or 8. I put my nice, plump, still-frozen kosher pullet back into the freezer. Monday came and went. He must have gotten behind, I thought. He's sure to drop off my chicken after work on Tuesday. That night, my husband called the kosher meat man. No answer. He probably already left town for second night seder with his relatives, my husband theorized.

How goes that saying, "a bird in the hand?"

No comments:

Post a Comment