Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ode to the bloodsuckers

I struggled for two days to compose an ode to the three wood ticks that accompanied me out of Jay Cooke State Park Thursday afternoon. I always have believed I am a stronger editor than writer. So today, I deleted the entire thing.

My exercise buddy and I hiked the Silver Creek Trail on another sun-drenched (though cold) day. We enjoyed a late lunch at Mexico Lindo, which now has my nod for best Mexican restaurant in the area.

But the restorative sense of wholeness I usually get on such outings was shattered by those hitchhiking bloodsuckers. The very thought of them can still make my skin crawl.

1 comment:

  1. I too would get the "icks" thinking and feeling those little ticks. However, more outings and encounters have numbed that sensation.

    ReplyDelete